Sunday, October 28, 2007

No Motivation


I'm sitting here on the computer when I should be working on Little Man's Halloween costume for Wednesday. I have no motivation, none. I've been putting it off all week long and just realized that tomorrow night will be my only time to work on it uninterrupted. So I've decided, Little Man won't wear a costume on Wednesday.

Now those of you out there who are thinking, bad mommy, he's only 2, well almost 2. I think I took out all my energy on sewing Crazy Daughter's Princess Dress. See attached. It's difficult to tell, but there is quite a bit of decorative sewing, lace, ribbon, underlining and lots of hemming.
Okay, now that my guilt is out of the way.
Any other stories of Mommy guilt out there that you would be willing to share to alleviate mine. I'd love to hear some stories.

7 comments:

Devra said...

My husband is also military and there have been plenty of times when I just could not get things done and have felt unmotivated. And if my husband was deployed at the time? Well, some things just had to move on down the ladder while I was on "survival mode."

Hey, if you get little man a crown at Burger King, he can be a King or a Prince. Howzdat for a cheap and easy costume?

the dragonfly said...

Oh, don't worry. There are lots of things around the house you can dress him in. Besides, he'll be thrilled for candy no matter what he's wearing! :)

Stacy Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
painted maypole said...

what a gorgeous dress you made for the crazy one!

I'm all for sticking a hat on the wee ones and calling them baseball fans, or whatever. ;)

the dragonfly said...

I tagged you! (again..)

the dragonfly said...

P.S. Mommy guilt. You mean like when the Little Mister cries and cries and I go in my room and close the door because I need five minutes to ignore things and not deal? And then there's the twinge of guilt I feel every single time I make a bottle. I'm so glad I can feed him and make him healthy...but I always feel like maybe I could have tried a little harder. Or something.

(I just re-posted this...I used the wrong account before. Oops.)

amanda said...

Make him some cardboard ears and pin a boa on his rear and he is a cat- He will love it! The dress is beautiful.