Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Vent

Okay I am going to just vent a little right here right now. The people who would be upset from seeing this don’t know about this blog, so I feel safe to do so.

Background, my Grandma (on my husband’s side) had a stroke this year and is now no longer able to be in her house on her own. She is unable to walk without assistance and needs around the clock care.

My MIL just sent out a schedule of her care schedule to all family so we would know what was going on with Grandma. And here’s my vent, Why is it only my MIL and SIL the main ones to take care of Grandma? There are five sisters and one lives closer to Grandma than my MIL. Why Can’t Aunt K take a day or two to help with Grandma and alleviate some of the burden placed on Mom. Just because Mom is an RN doesn’t mean she doesn’t need help. We are all human, some consideration would be nice.

Okay done venting, thanks for listening to me.

1 comment:

the dragonfly said...

That is so frustrating. I mean, I understand why you aren't on the schedule, because you're too far away. But the people nearby, they should be helping.

And, of course, if you say something about it you're the "monster daughter-in-law" who should mind her own business.

It's too bad there's no instruction book for families.