Thursday, January 17, 2008

When it Rains....

Today it started pouring in my life. I know I haven't posted much this past week, writing makes me think and I didn't want to think about stuff yet. It's just been a depressing week, nothing happened, just reality starting to come on home.

Big Guy is coming home in about three months, don't get me wrong, I am happy to see him come home. But I am also nervous about living with him again, by April we'll not have seen each other for a year. I've gained so much independence from this deployment, and I've done quite a bit of growing, personally. Let me just say that his past year, our marriage has hit rock bottom, if it wasn't for the grace of God, I wouldn't be married today. So I'm nervous about our future.

And today... My in-laws are flying down from Michigan on Saturday to pick up his car so they can drive it back and sell it. I knew the battery had died, so I went out to jump it (after many frustrating attempts to get close enough so the cord would reach) in 6 degree weather, snowing, in my pj's. I start it, it runs for awhile, I turn it off and try to restart, nope.

I walk inside the house frustrated, and five minutes later, I look out the window and see steam billowing from the hood of the Jeep. My neighbor walks over and says "It's the radiator, see the big pool of liquid underneath the car?" I say, "As long as it doesn't explode". I went inside and IM'ed Big Guy "Would it be okay if we took a rocket launcher to the Jeep?" He was less than thrilled.

So car..... yeah, it's sitting in the driveway just the way I left it this morning.

And thirdly, we are moving. Not that that is a bad thing, I had expected Big Guy to get orders soon. I guess I was expecting someplace other than Texas, Ft. Hood. We've already been there, spent three years there, and it wasn't my favorite place to live.

It's not like we have a choice, but as of right now, I am not happy about this move. I'm fighting God on this one (I'll loose, I know) but this is not where I wanted to move.

I guess tomorrow Big Guy will find out dates of when we are moving, I'm expecting it sometime this summer. And I had a trip planned in june or july to Germany to Visit Dragon Fly, and what do you bet that this move will mess up those plans.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Here's hoping the raindrops get smaller and more bearable. Also hoping you get to germany to see Dragon Fly....

the dragonfly said...

Oh, my dear friend...I hope things get better for you. That goes without saying, of course, but...I guess I want to say it anyway. :)

I'm thinking of you. And I really really hope I get to see you soon!!!