Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hallelujah She's Asleep

I want to say thank you for all your help with suggestions for my daughter. I wanted to get her up really early this morning, but I was tired. So we went to Wal-Fart and got some melatonin supplament , took out the lamp that was in her room for when she had her fear of the dark and put in three night lights.

We spent most of the day outside, so I don't know if it was the fresh air, allergies, running around or the melatonin I slipped into her milk, but she passed out on the floor at 7:40 PM this evening. I was overjoyed, it was the most wonderful feeling in the world, well almost.

Wether all these things will continue to work remains to be seen, but for now, I'm so excited. And what you ask will I be doing with my free time tonight? Why I'm going to bed, because my allergies have kicked in and I'm exhausted and have a sinus headache.

So goodnight to all, and happy dreams. And one final, Hallelujah, she's asleep.

4 comments:

Jolyn said...

Glad she feel asleep for you. Am curious how the night went?

bichonpawz said...

Hope you both had a good night's sleep!! I'll have to look into the melatonin theory for myself...

Mary Alice said...

melatonin is fantastic.

Victoria said...

Oh, I feel your pain. My almost-five-year old *just* started sleeping through the night (and it's not every night, unfortunately). We also removed her lamp (resorted to leaving the adjacent hall light on) and reworked our bedtime prep leading up to sleepy time.

Hope all continues to go well with you on this topic. It's soooo hard.

Best,

v.