Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sickness

Well, whatever has been going around, we finally got hit with today. Little Man has had a fever on and off, but I just associated it with teething, he has molars coming in. But Crazy Daughter woke up this morning with a burning fever. All day she laid on the couch, and as some of you may have guessed, that is just not normal for her. Any time she's not moving, it's not normal. And I've managed to slip some liquid pain meds into her juice, it's easier than fighting with her to open her mouth. And I've been hit with digestive issues, constantly running to the bathroom (we'll leave it at that).

Big Guy, despite him being across the pond, has been hit with health issues, he has an ulcer in the eye. Sounds gross doesn't it? Basically it's just a hole in the cornea from where something irritated it. At first they told him he was going to have surgery, but now they've given him drops and it's already improved 50%. So for the rest of March till they leave for Kuwait, he'll be sitting his room at the FOB (forward operating base), being bored out of his mind because he's already shipped back everything.

Tuesday is one of our busy days, and instead we just all laid about watching Tom and Jerry cartoons, drinking lots of liquids and sleeping when the need hit.

On the upside, I've switched the rooms around, I've taken the suggestion of putting Little Man into a toddler bed. And currently he's asleep in it, progress, but we'll see once 1 or 2 AM hits. And though he won't go to bed by himself, yet, all I have to do it sit in the rocking chair with my Ipod on and eventually he goes out.

And though I would love to stay up and think of more things to talk about, my headache just won't let me. We'll see how tomorrow goes, we do need to get out, we're out of Tylenol.

3 comments:

Kat said...

When can we finally say good-bye to this horrible winter and all of this sickness?? Where is spring?

I hope you all feel better soon.

the dragonfly said...

I hope all of you are feeling better soon...

I'm sick of being sick, too..

dawn224 said...

oh we're on the tylenol/motrin alternation - teeth and shots. Oh boy!