Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sleep, Daughter, Sleep

Okay folks, I am at my whits end with Crazy Daughter, it's 10:20 PM here, and my daughter is still not asleep. She went down at 8 PM, it's been two hours of her getting up with every request under the sun, countless changes of clothes, wanting her flip flops. I've taken away her privledges of watching Tom and Jerry cartoons (they are her absolute favorite) for tomorrow, and this last time I've threatened to take away the entire day of TV, and I'm so ready to do that.

I woke her up at 7:30 AM this morning, and yes that is early for her and no she's not a morning person. But what else can I do???? I can understand her being excited about her daddy coming home really soon but this is utterly rediculous and I am quickly loosing my patience.

Any suggestions? I mean, what else can I do?

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Our girl was doing that, too. Does she have a lovey that you can threaten to take away? I got pretty frustrated with it, so I got a trash bag and starting throwing away all her dolls and blankies and was two steps from throwing it in the garage. It made the point. I wouldnt' have actually thrown them away, but she doesn't need to know that! Hang in there!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ughhh... when they're THAT excited, it's tough. Other than just not going back into her room, and letting her tough it out, I have few suggestions. I know how it feels to not be able to sleep (hence the 11:40 pm blogging...).

Jolyn said...

Ok, this is not exactly a recommendation coming from a medical professional, but it is something I have used (and use) with my little ones, besides myself. Have you heard of "melatonin"? It's a natural hormone found in the body that you can also purchase as a supplement. It's been called the great jet-lag cure. I have used it when traveling, moving...but also when my kids are excitable and not prone to fall asleep well for whatever reason. It comes in a pill that I grind up and mix with a little bit of juice. PLEASE research this yourself and do not take my word for it. It is completely natural but I am certainly not a doctor (although a medical doc would probably be the last one to know about this stuff). I personally recommend about a 1 mg. dose for a preschooler. (I have given my children more.)
And now, I may delete this comment in time so no one can find me when they have some completely irregular reaction to this completely natural substance, thank you very much.