Saturday, March 8, 2008

Not Yet Dead

Not Yet Dead is the way I'm feeling right about now. And yes I've been singing this song in my head all morning. This cold is really kicking our rear ends this week. Since Tuesday we've not been out of the house but once to get some more cold medicine. And the house looks like it too, the living room is full of toys that haven't been picked up, the dishes are piling up and the laundry, *sigh*, the laundry is becoming ridiculous there is so much to do.

Crazy Daughter has had a fever on and off, off right now, but now she's got a wicked cough and runny nose. Little Mister has been so congested he's been fussy at night. And for the past week, they've both climbed into bed with me and hacked all night long.

And I've been hit the hardest I think, my throat feels so raw, my nose is red from blowing, and I'm almost out of the cold medicine. Not to mention the sinus headache that has been plaguing me this week.

OK, enough of me complaining. This too shall pass, sooner rather than later I hope.

I'm not sure if March is dragging by or moving quickly, but we're expecting Big Guy home the beginning of April. Crazy Daughter has started a list of what she wants her daddy to do when he gets home, take a walk on the trails, get her dolly that's behind the entertainment center, fix a mired of things. It's cute really.

And I have something I'd like to say, if you all could keep Dragonfly in your prayers. She's going through a lot right now, being sick and preparing for The Sgt's deployment soon. It doesn't seem to matter what number deployment it is, it's always difficult each and every time.

And so here's to hoping we can make it to church tomorrow morning, not only do we have to contend with getting ready and out of bed, but the time changes tomorrow too. at least it will be lighter later in the day.

1 comment:

the dragonfly said...

Like I told you last night, I'm quite glad you're not yet dead!! Hope you're feeling better soon. :)