Friday, February 29, 2008

Firsts Meme

This is a meme of Firsts from My Semblance of Sanity . Had fun thinking of my firsts.

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Well my date, nope didn’t have a date for either of the two. My senior year I went with my three friends. Much better than going with a date.

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Nope, don’t see him, don’t talk to him, rather forget he existed. It wasn’t a happy ending for us.

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Probably something like Mike’s Hard Lemonade. I’m into the fru-fru drinks, not into that hard liquor stuff.

4. What was your FIRST job?
Well probably babysitting, but my first real job was working at Studio 28 working the concessions stand. What was really great was I got two free tickets to any movie I wanted to see and 1$ popcorn combo each time. My friends also loved me too, I went to so many movies that year.

5. What was your FIRST car?
Well the first real one I bought was a red 1995 Chevy Corsica, I got this my first year in college after the exhaust system fell off my old blue Junker, while I was driving on the highway. Man that was a lousy car, it had a sunroof and I had to duct tape it shut, it leaked. That red car was great, had it for nearly 7 years before we sold it.

6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
The only person who would isn’t here, and that would be my husband.

7. Who was the FIRST person I thought of this morning?
Probably my kids, praying that they would stay asleep.

8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. McKeller, I don't remember much, but I remember thinking on the first day, when I was told I was going to be there all day long, I literally thought, we're eating dinner here too?

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I was two years old, flying from Florida to Michigan with my grandma after my mom gave birth to my sister. We were moving back home.

10. Who was your FIRST best friend and are you still friends with them?
Dragonfly, we’ve known each other since kindergarten, and lived less than a mile away from each other. And we’re more like sisters than friends now, kept close through college and now through military moves.

11. What was your FIRST sport played?
Gymnastics, my parents have pictures of me, I believe I was 3, walking on the balance beam. Long hair in ponytails, concentrating so hard on not falling. Only did that for a couple of years, not very athletically inclined.

12. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
Probably my cousins house in Port Huron, we were always driving the three hours to visit my mom’s family. My sister and I were in awe of them, A & D were older, dressed nicer, and were able to watch things we weren’t allowed to watch. Though we were never as close as we could have been, I guess that’s what living three hours away does to you.

13. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Well do you have to move your lips? I got up before the kids so I talked to my hubby online this morning.

14. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
My high school friend’s in 1997, we had these horrid satin pink dresses with dye able pink heeled shoes to match. Oh yeah, it also had a butt bow. That was one ugly dress.

15. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Push the button on the coffee pot to make coffee. Then turned on the computer.

16. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Okay, the first one I have memory of, DC Talk & Michael W Smith. I went with Dragonfly and a couple of other friends. Her mom, Crazy Grandma J drove us all in a large van with blankets in the back. Come to think of it, that’s probably illegal now. We had an awesome time, of course we were in the nose bleed seats.

17. FIRST tattoo or piercing?
Got my ears pierced when I was 8, second hole when I was in high school. My first tattoo when I was, well in my 20’s March of 2006. Second Tattoo one year later.

18. FIRST foreign country you went to?
Yes, this is sooo exciting, (scarcasm). Canada. My Grandma B took my sister and I and our other cousin Bradly when we were 10 or so. The Blue Water Bridge is in Port Huron, so just a stones throw across the river. But honestly there’s not much to do over there.

19. What was your FIRST run in with the law?
May 2005 when we were driving from Tennessee back home to Texas. We had been driving all night long It was about 3AM and at night in Texas the speed limit drops from 70 to 65, I guess I had “forgotten” to drop my speed. Got pulled over and was given a warning. I believe I pulled the we were coming home from block leave after my hubby returned from his 1st tour in Iraq.

20. When was your FIRST detention?
Never had detention, I was a good girl.

21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
Michigan, cold boring Michigan.

22. Who was the FIRST person to break your heart?
That would be the same guy who was my first love, Jonathan. We dated in college for two and a half years.

23. Who was your FIRST roommate?
I lived in the dorms for one whole semester, had a roommate, Amy. She was a slob, I thought I was messy, I hold nothing on this girl. Left dirty dishes EVERYWHERE. Her closet, which she had two by the way, was literally overflowing with clothes and other stuff she was hiding. After that semester, I moved home and became a commuter student. Amy failed out of that semester of college and didn’t come back.

24. Where did you go on your FIRST limo ride?
Ok, this may be sad, but my first limo ride was last July at a Stampin Up convention (I’m a demonstrator). It was raining HARD, and we had to travel to a hotel with our projects, they had to stay dry. So the bellhop got us a cab for a two minute drive to the neighboring hotel. He didn’t even charge us for the ride, but we tipped him anyways.

6 comments:

ewe are here said...

Cool meme.

And I'm right there with you on No. 7. Please sleep in, please sleep in...


;-)

bichonpawz said...

This was a very fun meme! Loved your answers and it actually brought back alot of memories for me...think I may just have to do this one next week!! And I hope your kids sleep in tomorrow!!

the dragonfly said...

Your blog is pretty. :)

There are many things I could say, but one that I absolutely have to say:

That was one ugly dress!!

(aren't you glad I had simpler tastes? I'm glad you did!!)

crazy grandma judi said...

Hey Rose Daughter, Still best friends with my Dragonfly. Of course you are...you two are so alike and more like sisters. How are my 'other' grandkids? Still full of energy, I read. Hope they let you sleep soon.
Thanks for visiting my blog. You already knew about Little Debi...am I correct. Anyway thanks for the nice words. They are very appreciated.

Kat said...

Oh. I love this meme. That was fun!

Jolyn said...

That was nice reading a bit about you. I have enjoyed getting to know dragonfly over the last couple of months.