Monday, February 11, 2008

My Date


Today was Monday (just in case you've forgotten what day it is) and Crazy Daughter had playgroup. So Little Man and I had a date. We normally go to W@l-m@rt, and get some groceries, but I'm sick of that store and so we went to T@rget.


My little boy is so different when he isn't with his sister, so inquistative, quiet, full of wonder as we walked down the toy isle. We were looking for a present for Big Guy, he'll be home sooner than I know it and I want to have something for him to do that first night. Because of the time change, I know he'll be awake late into the evening. I had been seeing commercials (thanks to all the kid shows we watch) for the new Indiana Jones Legos, Big Guy loves Indi and is super excited abou the new movie coming out. So we got the new Legos Indi set. Hope he likes it.


But we took our time meandering through the isles, he got all excited when we walked by the movie isle and he saw a Tom @ Jerry cartoon video. Not able to pry it from his tight little fists, I bought the 5.50$ movie.


The next stop on our date was a short drive over to P@ner@ Bread, I got all excited getting out of the car, walked over to the bakery case and started pointing to all the muffins and cookies. He picked out a rather large chocolate chip cookie, and I got my coffee and spinach and bacon souflee. We sat down and he started making eyes with an older couple the next table over. He makes people smile so easily, it just warms my heart.


But as all things have to end, so too did our date. We got back in the car and headed back to town to pick up Crazy Daughter and life began normal again.


5 comments:

Kristi B said...

I love, love, love spending time with my girls one on one!! It's amazing how their personalities unfold, how the fighting ceases, and how you are able to just ENJOY one another's company. How nice for you to be able to do that today!

the dragonfly said...

Could there be a better date?

;)

REENblack said...

Don't you just love that one on one time! Its sad, but seems so rare. My daughter and I were on a similar one this morning until I got a call from the school and had to pick my son up because he was sick. Its the simple things about being a mom that make it wonderful!

Jennifer said...

What a cutie-pie you have there. One-on-one time is the best time as a mom. I love it.

Jen said...

spinach and bacon souffle??

You're killing me. That sounds SO GOOD.

Time one-on-one with the kids is so wonderful.