Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sooo Tired

It seems that this entire week, I have just been dragging, exhausted, tired and whatever other adjective you can use. I don't remember if I have been saying anything about getting my kids to sleep in their own beds. The past couple of weeks, they have been waking up and climbing into bed with me. Little Man of course, still being in his crib, just won't go back to sleep in his own bed. I sit and cuddle with him, he seems to relax and I go to lay him down, and he wakes up. As many as four times in one night.

So last night we got back from Awana, get the kids ready for bed, and lay ean down, supposdely sleeping, and five minutes later he starts crying. Okay no problem right, just let him cry for a bit and he'll eventually calm down. 45 minutes later he's still going at it, it's nearing 10:30 and Crazy Daughter hasn't gone down yet. I'm near tears, so I just bring them all into my bed.

I think I got the worse night of sleep in my life. They don't do well sleeping together, laughed and talked till nearly 11:30. Around 2, I've finally had it with the kicking, the cuddling up to me that I head into the living room to sleep on the couch.

And the result of that wonderful night of restless sleep, I'm cranky, I'm exhausted, and it seems I am being a bad mother today. The kids are as tired as me, Crazy Daughter has had at least 3 episodes of temper tantrums. And it's only 2 PM.

Is there anyone out there who has dealt with this kid issue of wanting to sleep with you. Big Guy comes home mid April and sleeping in our bed isn't going to be an option. And it seems the less sleep I get at night, the more cranky I get during the day, which makes the next night even more stressful to get them to sleep. Any suggestions.

3 comments:

amanda said...

My friend was in a similiar situation- husband away on detail, children insisting on sleeping with her. When the aforementioned husband came home, the change in the house affected the children as well- they slept in their own beds because Daddy was sleepin in his... Here's hoping this works for you too.

Jolyn said...

Ooh, I'm a big believer in whatever it takes for people to sleep. I currently still end up in bed with my 3-yr-old, started soon after we moved 5 mths ago or so. My daughter slept w/me when hubby was deployed, started when she got sick and she never went back. After he returned she moved to sleeping in her brother's room.
No easy answer. Just take it one day at a time, and try to get some sleep!

the dragonfly said...

You already know I don't have an answer for you...but I hope it works out. You need your sleep!!