Friday, February 1, 2008

Two Things Meme

I read Wherever Ewe Go's post today and it was a meme of two things. So here's mine.

1. Two names you go by:
Shelly and Mama. Shelly isn't my real name, it's a name given to me by Dragonfly in high school and has stuck ever since.
2. Two things you are wearing right now:
Yellow stripped flannel pants (because at 6 am, it's cold in the living room) and a sweater I grabbed from my bedroom as I staggered out of bed this morning.
3. Two things you would want (or have) in a relationship:
Trust and friendship. Without those two, do we really have a chance to make our marriage work?
4. Two of your favorite things to do:
Shop without KIDS, alone with a friend perferably, oh and of course have money to spend. Spend time with my friends, unfortunately both live so far away right now. Grrr... Dragonfly you had to move to Germany. (love you :)
5. Two things you want very badly at the moment:
Slippers, my feet are cold. No seriously, an afternoon at a bookstore, a large bookstore, with no crazy children running around or a husband saying are you ready to leave yet? But I'll settle for a clean house, could you send the cleaning fairy this way??
6. Two pets you have/had:
We had a dog name Buffy (seriously, that was his name. We never changed it) in elementary school. He kept running away though and making messes in other people's yards, so we had to get rid of him. And our dog here, Holley or as I like to call her, Crazy barkey dog. We got her the summer before Big Guy went to boot camp so I wouldn't be so lonely. I love her to death, if only she wouln't bark to much.
7. Two people you think will fill this out:
Well..... hopefully someone will...
8. Two things that you did last night:
Surffed the internet and listened to music. Last night it was Fuel. Good band, really like them. And did bills, oh the joy and fun in that.
9. Two things you ate today:
Still haven't eaten yet today, it's only 6:30 am. But I intend to eat a slice of homemade bread with strawberry jelly and coffee. Yummm...
10. Two people you last talked to:
Well actually talked to, my mom, I miss her and wish we wern't so far away. And my friend Sunshine (not her real name, but she's alwasy upbeat and happy). Her little boy probably has a cataract on his left eye, and has probably been there since birth (he's 2) and even if they remove it may not see out of his left eye. Yet despite all that, all the worries and fears, she has such a positive attituide. Such an example for me.
11. Two things you're doing tomorrow:
Well it's Saturday tomorrow, we need to get some hand soap for Dragonfly, and since I really don't want to go to the grocery store (the stupid Superbowl is Sunday and it will be mass and utter chaos there) we'll probably go to the mall. And not much else, we don't lead such an exciting life.
12. Two longest car rides:
Driving from Michigan to Texas with an infant, dog, hauling a U-Haul trailer filled with Christmas presents because in-laws always over buy for the kids. But it was okay, because I had my friend with me. Thanks for keeping me sane on that trip, Dragonfly. And lots of other long car rides to Michigan to visit family, driving is such a common thing for me these days.
13. Two favorite holidays:
Christmas, not because we get all this stuff, but because I am usually with family and friends. It's one of the few times each year we are all able to get together, friends and family. Though, it's tough dealing with sleeping arrangements (kids sleeping in with me, sleeping on couches, etc.) but at least I have a loving and supportive family.
Halloween, because I get to make a costume for my kids. It also gives me a reason to get dressed up too. I love to sew fun things, and any reason to make a princess dress for my daughter is reason to celebrate.
14. Two favorite beverages:
Coffee, I have just recently become a coffee addict, I'll blame my father for that one. I got my nice coffee grinder and coffee pot for Christmas a year ago. What would I do without my morning coffee.... And raspberry lemonade Crystal Lite, I've given up soda, so my alternative is a low calorie, sugar free drink. And I love the little water bottle packets they make now, great way to spice up boring water.
15. Two people no longer alive who you'd like to talk to:
My Grandpa Young, he died when I was in college and I don't think I ever really got to know him. He was such a stoic man, kept to himself much of the time and very independent. I would love to talk to him about his childhood and his time over in WWII.
Princess Leia's nephew, he died about 7 years ago of cancer. He was so young, maybe 5 or 6, but I would love to talk to him, to have him describe heaven for me, through a child's eyes.

And so that is my list, I'm glad I did it, you know there are just some things you don't think about every day, I like questions that make me think.

And now I'm off to make some of that coffee and toast, yummm. Before my little kiddos wake up and the day starts.

5 comments:

ewe are here said...

I'm glad someone else decided to do this meme. :-)

Now please tell me how you gave up soda... I really need to.

dawn224 said...

blogging at 6am? wow :)

bichonpawz said...

I was thinking the same as dawn224...blogging at 6am??? But then again...you have young kids!! Interesting post!!

the dragonfly said...

I feel special that my nickname stuck. ;)

I need to give up soda, too. Badly.

Rose Daughter said...

I traded soda for another addiction, Coffee. And if it's not in the house then I won't drink it. So I just don't but it anymore.

6 AM is early, incrediably early for a non morning person. But the quiet is soooo nice.