Monday, February 4, 2008

6 AM

Ok, so my alarm went off at 6 am this morning, and I actually got up. Okay well I hit the snooze button only once. But I am actually enjoying getting up before the flurry of kids and activities in the morning.

And let me point out right here, I am not a morning person, not by any stretch of the imagination. I enjoy sleeping in, I was a great sleeper in college, sleeping till nearly 10 or eleven on the weekends. I aparently get grumpy (so friends and family tell me) when I get tired, so intrupting my beauty sleep to get things done in the morning is shocking my friends and family.

So here's a list of the things accomplished between 6 (okay 6:10) and 7 this morning.

  • Started a load of laundry
  • made coffee
  • Wrote 3 cards to various family that I have been putting off for awhile now
  • Got a box to mail out to Dragonfly, complete with the customs form
  • Balanced checkbook
  • Went through a stack of papers on my desk and sorted them. Filled the bills.
  • Enjoyed my coffee and cereal
  • Wrote out grocery list for trip to grocery store
  • Listened to Evanescence without the sound of cartoons or running kids in the background.

Pretty darn good, huh. So I guess my sacrifice of sleep is paying off in being more organized and maybe a bit more sane throughout the day. I'm not sure about getting up at 5, which was my origional goal, so I could exercise. But I'll stick with this 6 thing. I do so love the quiet.

3 comments:

the dragonfly said...

I am so very impressed. Let me tell you, folks, she is right about being grumpy when she's tired (love you!!). She was the crabby one at sleepovers: when she decided it was time to sleep, everyone was supposed to sleep or face her wrath!! ;) Okay, so it wasn't as bad as that...not quite...(and besides, I'll own up to being the loud, obnoxious one at sleepovers...)

Sounds like you are amazingly productive in the morning. It's great!! And I look forward to getting that box.... ;)

Jen said...

I am just like you - and very impressed at what you got done!

I need to give this a shot, too.

Jennifer said...

Yay, you! I am not a morning person, either, but my kids have turned me into one. Because there is nothing like the feeling of a QUIET house!