Friday, November 16, 2007

7 Random Things

I was tagged by Dragonfly to do the "seven random things" meme. It was surprisingly difficult to come up with seven things. But once I started writing, I got more than seven. lol

Here are the rules:
1 - Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2 - Share seven random and/or weird things about yourself.
3 - Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4 - Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven Random Things About Me

1. I love to read, and read lots of books. But I would rather buy the book than visit the library. The reason for this is quite simple, I ALWAYS return books late and build up a hefty fine. So rather than pay that fine, I'll buy the book.

2. I love crafty things, sewing, cross stitch, etc. But I am a very poor finisher of those projects. I can name you several right now that have been sitting for years, just waiting to be completed. Little Man's cross stitch birth announcement, a cross stitchfor my mom that just needs to be outlined, pillowcases that was meant for last years Christmas gifts. I tend to be over ambitious.

3. I don't make new friends easily, I think I have some trust issues. But the friends I do have, I keep for a life time. Dragonfly and I have been friends since kindergarten.

4. I love fairy tales, and my most favorite is retold fairy tales. Rose Daughter, my blog name, is also a retold fairy tale of Beauty and the Beast. Not necessarily because of the night in shinning armour, but there's just something about the fantasy and the journey.

5. Places I want to visit, Scotland, Ireland, Greece and I hope to someday take a cruise, with no kids, to someplace warm, with lots of beaches.

6. I have lived in Michigan, Florida, Texas, and currently Kansas. Both Texas and Kansas were places I never dreamed I would live in, both were military posts. But I want to someday move to Tennessee, it's so beautiful there.

7. I like playing video games, not like shooter games, but adventure games. I'm currently going through Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando for the 3rd time. My kids like to watch, and if their daddy were here, they would watch him play. But I'm anxiously awaiting the latest installment of the Ratchet and Clank series, but Big Guy has them in Iraq and selfishly won't send the new PS3 back to America so I can play my game. *sigh* I guess he has more time to kill than I do.

So that's some random wierdness about me. awell I'm not going to tag anyone, I see this has made it's rounds quite a bit. But I would love to see a random comment on the comment section. Or if you haven't done this meme, post one on your blog.

Thanks all for reading

5 comments:

painted maypole said...

random comment

;)

the dragonfly said...

Ahh, retold fairy tales. I keep lending Briar Rose (Jane Yolen) to people...everyone loves it.

Mary Beth said...

My mother read us fairy tales from the very beginning and instilled her love of them into us. There are several I imagined myself a part of when I was younger. And I love what some of the current illustrators are doing with old favorites:)

Bea said...

It's a very compelling name, too, Rose Daughter. (I wish I had thought of it first.)

Kelly said...

Those things aren't so wierd (at least I hope not since I am an avid reader and craft non-finisher myself!)