Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Frantic Cleaning

Why do we alwayse feel the need to have our houses spotless when family visits? For whatever reason, I'm cleaning, really cleaning today and tomorrow. My paretns are driving in from michigan to visit for Thanksgiving. And I'm procrastinating, I really don't like scrubbing, washing, and sorting. I have a list I still need to accomplish before dinnertime tomorrow.

What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? We are having Turkey, Green Beans Casserole, Sweet Potato casserole, stuffing, apple Pie (oh yes I still have to make that one) and crab dip. I am so very glad my parents will be here to help cook, that is going to be one huge mess in my tiny kitchen.

And we have a birthday to celebrate this week, Crazy Daughter will be turning 4 on the 29th, but we are celebrating early, while my parents are here. We went to le target for supplies, and the theme for this years party is Tinkerbelle. Tinkerbelle plates, cups, wrapping paper, candles and stickers. Crazy Daughter has been demanding her party every day this week since we purchased the supplies. It was so much easier when they were smaller and didn't have so much invested in the whole thing.

And I should go, my kids are playing in the sink, and are probably drenched by now.

2 comments:

painted maypole said...

i am getting over the compulsive need to clean, but I still do it a little.

we are serving dinner at a homeless shelter for thanksgiving, since my hubby is out of town and it would just be MQ and me.

the dragonfly said...

It was hard to not go crazy when the grandparents visited in September. But seriously, I had a new baby. I had to keep telling myself they were coming to see him, not the apartment!!