Monday, November 5, 2007

Dreams of the Future

I got the inspiration for this post from Dragonfly from this post.

I commented on Dragonfly's post that the smell of Lilac was my favorite scent. It brings to mind pictures of a spring day, sitting on the porch (if we had one), kids playing in the grass, wind gently blowing and the lilac's in bloom.

And I started thinking about what I want for the future. Big Guy is getting out of the military in 2010 so it is on the horizon. But I want to live in a house, to own a house again. To be able to paint the walls any color I want and not have to repaint when we leave. I want to have a porch, have lots of comfortable seating to sit outside, to have company over.

I imagine living in the the country, well sort of country, just not in a subdivision where my neighbor is two feet away and close enough to a town of good size. Oh and be near a book store, an actual book store. I want lots of trees, I want to plant lilac trees and have them bloom. I want the kids to be in school and I want to get a part time job. To be able to participate at their school but have a job to fill my need to do something.

And I want my husband to be home, to come home every night and really be in the kids lives. To have the whole family involved in a church, really involved and volunteer our time there. I want to be happy and secure.

Quite a few wants, lol. It's been in my imagination lately, dreaming of what my house would look like. And who knows, maybe someday we will own a house again, settle down somewhere where our kids can make life-long friends. Dreaming give me hope and we all need hope.

What do you dream for your future? Write and let me know.

2 comments:

the dragonfly said...

(fyi: your links are wrong...)


I dream of a house with a big porch, too. Of course, here in Germany I'm blessed just to have the playground in the backyard, and to have a balcony! Oh well. Maybe someday...

Family Adventure said...

I don't think your dreams are unreasonable at all. And I hope they'll all come true for you.

I saw your comment on my blog, so I thought I'd check out yours. I'm going back in your archives now.

Nice to 'meet' you :)

Heidi