Thursday, November 8, 2007

Give Me Sanity

An hour, that is all I ask, just an hour of peace and quiet. Little Man is teething, and when he's teething his is not happy and needs mama all day, every hour of the day, every minute of the day. I want my happy boy back.

Crazy Girl is being her normal, energetic, crazy, stubborn self. Hugging the dog until she gets mad and starts to growl, dumping the basket of toys in the living room. Finding Halloween candy who know where, she doesn't need more sugar.

I guess it's been a long week, busy and lots of runing around and I'm just tired of caring for others needs all day long. My stomach is quaesy, I have a headache, and I'm tired.

ok, enough of my pity party.

I will have a break tomorrow evening, our FODS (family of deployed soldiers) group at church is meeting so we'll have two hours without kids to sit and talk about grown up things. I just wish it were tonight.

What do you do when your sanity stars to leave you? I could really use the suggestions today.

5 comments:

the dragonfly said...

When my sanity starts to leave me....that insinuates that I was sane to begin with. ;)

But when I'm having an especially crazy day, I go up to visit my friend in the apartment above me, or watch a movie that makes me laugh (10 Things I Hate About You, Evolution, Office Space, etc). Writing helps sometimes, but other times it makes me feel even crazier. :)

painted maypole said...

i actually find that tuning everything else out and just playing with my daughter... giving her all of my attention... is the best thing. And then, when she goes to bed, a nice glass of wine.

Kristi B said...

You can't do this all the time, but STICK THEM IN FRONT OF THE TV!

Jen said...

I drink a tea by Celestial Seaonings and I think it's called Tension Tamer. It has the dragon on it?

Anyway, it really seems to work for me.

Rima said...

Hi, I just found your blog through Painted Maypole and wanted to say I sympathize with the day you described! My daughter just turned four and my son is eighteen months old. I think he must be getting his molars because he has been completely miserable for the past week, just following me crying most of the day. Fortunately, I have family in town who can give me a break every once in awhile. But do you know what kept him occupied for a good HOUR the other day? Shredded packing paper! I kid you not. He sat on the floor and made nests out of it forEVER (it was the accordion shredded kind). So if you happen to have any of that lying around, give it a go! Hang in there. I know how tough it can be!