Friday, December 21, 2007

Do Dogs Dream......

I stayed up late last night to watch a movie, my dog Holley and my parents dog Maggie joined me in the l iving room and both promptly fell asleep. Holley near my feet and Maggie pulled herself up on the couch, she's a big dog.

But I am sitting watching the movie and I'm intertupted by Maggie growling in her sleep, it scared me at first. But I sat here and watched her for a bit, leggs moving, growling. It got so loud that Holley started barking back in defense.

And it made me wonder, what was she dreaming about? Chasing a rabbit, play fighting with Holley in the back yard? Getting her tummy scratched by her Daddy? Eating people food?

I would like to think they have wonderful dreams, where they get that dog treat, and catch whatever it is they are chasing.


Maggie & Holley

1 comment:

painted maypole said...

cute dogs. my dog growing up used to run in his sleep (not actually up and runing, but laying down with his legs moving)