Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Remember When...

  • You could shop at the mall all day long with your friends, eat lunch, try on clothes enjoy the time in an unhurried fashion?

The kids and I went to the mall today, I only wanted to look at one store, just one. I remember why now, I dislike taking my children along with me. I parked at the wrong end of the mall, so we had to walk through the candy machine's, the little cars, kids can ride, and the kid play area. All of which distract their attention; after many shouts of "Crazy Daughter, come on, we need to go, lets go guys, please, we need to go to just one store" we finally make it to the store.

I was in heaven, I've missed malls, with stores I actually like to shop at. NY and Company was having a 50% off sale, everything. It was wonderful. I would have spent more time looking but, unfortunately Crazy Daughter decided it was time to leave.

We stopped at Starbucks and got a cookie, we sat next to an older gentleman.

Crazy Daughter is punching a deflated star balloon. People are walking by laughing at her antics.

"Crazy Daughter, please sit and eat your cookie, leave that balloon alone, please don't pop it." "Little Man please sit in your chair and stop digging in the potted tree, leave the leaves alone"

Older gentelman is sitting there laughing, talking to Little Man, watching Crazy Daughter go from one table to the next trying out each individual chair.

I was so wore out by the morning, we skipped the other stop I had wanted to do and went home and ate lunch.

I guess each season of life has different joys, and today mine was when Little Man gave me a huge hug and kiss before going down for a nap. *Sigh* it makes up for the trying morning.

2 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Awww...how wonderful will it be to get a big hug and a kiss from the Little Mister.

But you know, I sure love the cuddles I get right now. :)

(I wish I could go to the mall with you. It seems like it's been so long...)

Amy Y said...

I can't remember the last time I went to the mall... After reading that, and remembering my own experiences, I think I'll wait awhile before returning with my own two heathens! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.