Monday, December 31, 2007

Drucken Friends

First off Thanks for everyone for your support. I feel much better about family now.

It's currently New Year's Eve, not even 10 PM yet, and my friends are pretty much all drunk. I am sitting here on the couch next to, well we will call him Han Solo, the husband of Princess Leia a friend of Dragonfly and mine since about fifth grade. He's pretty wasted, talking about work, making funny comments, and falling off the couch. And it is hilarious.

Now I normally don't condone getting drunk, but on this one night of the year where I actually drink a little (and only a little because it doesn't take much to get me pretty wasted), it's the entertainment of the evening. We all wish we had a video camera.

Tomorrow is Little Man's birthday party, his actualybirthday isn't until the 8th, but most everyone has new years day off. It should be a fun time, my father is making a deep fried turkey, and for those of you who haven't eaten one before, it is incrediably yummy.

*sigh* I gotta love drunken entertainment.

4 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Oooooohhhh! Han and Leia!!

[please read this comment as full to the brim with jealousy]

You know I'm supposed to be there, right? We're always together for the New Year! Last year I was pregnant and you all thought it was funny to ask me to mix your drinks. :)

Once I'm not in Germany anymore...I won't miss another New Year after that!

I hope you had a good time. I might have to call you so you can tell me *everything*.

the dragonfly said...

p.s. You mention drunken entertainment...you do know, don't you, that you're generally the most entertaining one??! ;)

painted maypole said...

fried turkey. so yummy.....

the dragonfly said...

May I request a photo of Han and Leia? I miss them. (and you, of course, but that's a given.)