Monday, December 17, 2007

Safely in Michigan

We are safely in Michigan now, we left Friday afternoon.

Our housing area finally got power Friday morning, no cable or internet, and no food in the refridgerator, I had cleaned it out on Wednesday morning. And there was another storm coming 5-7 inches of snow expected. So as much as I wanted to finish out the weekend with the things i had planned, I packed up the car and we headed out for Michigan.

We arrived Saturday at 2:30 AM, safely and with clear roads all the way home. The kids were excited to see Nana and Papa, and they were just as happy to have the grandkids.

And today we will be driving up to my parents house, and they have wireless broadband, so I will be able to use my laptop and upload some pictures. My in-laws only have dial up. grrr....

Thanks for your prayers and concerns, It was an expierence, and will make great stories for the years to come. But i'm glad to be in a warm house.

2 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Glad you made it!!

I wish I was there with you.....

*sigh*

dawn224 said...

So glad you made it safely, it looks like it's been awful in that part of the country!