Sunday, December 9, 2007

Three Hours of Me Time

Yes, I had three whole hours to myself yesterday, shocker I know. It was Mom's Day out at our church, and in spite of the freezing rain that morning, they were able to have it in the afternoon.


So what did I spend my precious three hours on? Shopping at Walmart for kids Christmas gifts, a Tinkerbelle fleece throw and a 30 piece Dora puzzle for Crazy Daughter. Leapfrog Alphabet magnets for Little Man. I really do dislike Walmart, but the only other option was Target and that is located in Manhattan (yes it is really manhattan, they call themselves the Little Apple) and with the weather being awful, I decided not to brave the highway.


I then went to Payless Shoes, BOGO sale!!! I found a pair of toe sandles for 7$ and a pair of black (do I ever buy any other color dress shoes? lol) dress shoes.


And for the really wonderful part, I got a manicure and pedicure!!! No real reason, just did it because I wanted to. I think I got the head of the manicure department because she was wonderful. She massaged my feet and legs, and my hands and arms. I'll describe the relaxation as this, it felt almost as good as sex. And since it's been almost 9 months in that department, I was in heaven.


And here's my toes!!

I personally think it's gross to touch other people's toes, just me I guess. But I thank heavens that others don't have that aversion. And yes, the nail polish is dark blue. I don't do pink, unless I have to match a brides maides dress. (lol, thanks Shannon)
It was a wonderful day, despite the weather. and I'll get some more breaks when I leave for home in a week.

6 comments:

the dragonfly said...

I am so incredibly jealous of your pedicure!

Thursday I went to the doctor, and it was the first time in I don't know how long that I left the house without the Little Mister (my neighbor babysat). It felt so strange!! Not bad, especially since I knew it wouldn't be for long, but strange. I'm guessing by the time he's a toddler, and (perhaps) has a little brother or sister, I'll cherish "me" time. :)

Bea said...

I'm glad you got the mani/pedi - I was going to say, if you spent your Mom's Day Out at Walmart then that's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Chrissy said...

I agree with BnP about Wal-Mart. Except I do the same thing. Good for you on the manicure/pedicure. It looks cute and sounds heavenly.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

A day off at Wal-Mart? Kinda sounds like an oxy-moron. :)

I'm jealous that spatacular treatment - the pedi looks fantabulous! Sounds wonderful.

bichonpawz said...

My kind of day...shopping and mani/pedi!!

painted maypole said...

alone time is the best.

I went and saw a movie by myself last week, then hung out in starbucks drinking cier and writing Xmas cards. it was wonderful!